Preservation and Lead Paint Removal
All structures painted before 1978 are very likely to contain lead paint. Any building being renovated or rehabilitated for historic preservation almost definitely has lead paint, and people living in or working on these buildings need to take precautions to avoid lead poisoning in children and lead exposure in adults. Property preservation for historically significant sites requires tools and techniques that improve the quality of the structure. Many paint strippers have harsh chemicals that can raise the grain of wood or damage delicate materials or stain fabrics.
LEAD-OUT® Paint Stripper permanently removes and remediates lead paint. This soy-based paint stripper prevents hazardous lead dust from spreading in the air during paint removal, and it renders lead and other heavy metals non-hazardous.
LEAD-OUT® Paint Stripper Benefits:
- Renders lead paint non-hazardous
- Non-toxic, non-caustic - no hazards, no chemical burns
- No methylene chloride
- Won't raise the grain of wood
- Won't damage delicate surfaces
- Won't stain fabrics
- Removes multiple coats of paint
- Large coverage area
- Sticks to vertical surfaces
- Works on just about all types of surfaces and all types of paint